Midroc Construction P.L.C.
About MIDROC Ethiopia Construction Plc.
MIDROC Ethiopia Construction Plc. is established in 1993, with a total investment in construction equipment plant and facilities of Birr 500 million and engaged in a wide range of construction undertakings of all types and sizes.
The vision of the Company is to build an international standard construction company and engage in large multi-million Birr heavy construction projects and thereby contribute its share in the development of the infrastructure of Ethiopia.
The Company’s mission among others, is based on firm company values and committed to:
- offering the highest level quality construction service to clients,
- providing company trustworthiness through long term collaborative relationship with clients and suppliers,
- striving to work for excellence and quality on continuous basis for the satisfaction of clients,
- Maximizing the potential of employees through training and development programs.
MIDROC Construction Ethiopia Plc. offers wide range of construction services in construction of all types of construction project works of any size and complexity including high rise buildings, hospitals and schools and civil engineering works, such as roads and bridges, airports and dams.
The company also supplies ready mix quality concrete (C15-C40), meeting national and international standard specifications.
MIDROC Construction Ethiopia Plc. is familiar with different procurement arrangements in construction contracting Traditional BOQ Contracts, Design and Building Contracts and Turnkeys Contracts.
Since its establishment in 1993, the Company has undertaken several multimillion birr projects in Ethiopia. To mention a few: Sheraton Addis Hotel, Nani MIDROC Corporate Office Building, Mekele Referral Hospital Building, Pharmacure pharmaceuticals manufacturing factory, African Union Conference Hall & Office Complex, Oromia State Conference Hall & Office Complex, Loli Office and Residential Building, Amhara Martyr’s Monument, a number of multi-million Birr road and highway projects, Federal Police Head Quarters, and Ethiopian Airlines Cargo Terminal.
Plant, Equipment Resources and Facilities
Major pieces of equipment and Plant owned by the company include: Hot Asphalt Mixing plants 100-150 tons per hour capacity, Concrete Mixing Plant of 30-60cm/Hr., Aggregate Crushing Plants 100- 180 tons per hour, fleet of Earthmoving Equipment and Dump Trucks, Asphalt Pavers/Finishers, Tower Cranes 45-100m HUH, Mobile Cranes 20-90 ton with the following facilities:
- Metal Workshop capable of fabricating steel trusses, metal doors and windows, formwork panels etc.
- Aluminum works workshop equipped with automated cutting and assembling machines capable of fabricating and assembling aluminum curtain walls, doors and windows.
- Construction materials testing laboratory for soil, concrete and asphalt testing of which the company carries out for quality assurance